The National Heritage Council calls for nominations for the appointment of 5 members to serve on the Heritage Funding Committee. Nominations of individuals within the heritage sector with the following expertise will be considered: funding/grant making knowledge, curatorship, languages, research, publications, project and financial management, project evaluation and assessment as well as general heritage.
Term of office
The Chairperson and each member of the Committee will serve a term of 3 years, which term will be effective from 01 June 2015.
The nomination must be submitted in writing and at least contain the following:
• detailed CV, and certified copies of qualifications;
• certified copy of identity document of both the nominee and nominator;
• motivation for appointment written and signed by the nominator and nominee should include an explanation of the suitability for appointment;
• the nominee’s agreement to the nomination and declaration of whether or not he / she is qualified in one of the expert areas;
• a declaration of any interest or membership with other funding bodies; and
• Successful applicants will be contacted directly after the closing date. Should applicants not hear from the National Heritage Council three weeks after the closing date, they should consider their application as unsuccessful.
• Appointments are subject to the preferred candidates obtaining the necessary security clearance.
• Preference will be given to candidates whose appointments will enhance representativity.
• No facsimile applications will be accepted
Applications can be submitted through:
Post: The National Heritage Council (Secretariat), P O Box 74097, Lynnwood Ridge, 0040
Hand Delivery: Office no 016, Domus Building, No 57 Cnr Kasteel and Ingersol Road, Lynnwood Glen, Pretoria.
Enquiries: Linda – 012 348 1663 (during office hours)
Closing date: 26 May 2015