NOMINATION OF MEMBERS
Heritage Funding Committee
The National Heritage Council calls for nominations for the appointment of members to serve on the Heritage Funding Committee that will be constituted as follows: one Chairperson, 4 members drawn from the sector.
Nominations from individuals within the heritage sector with the following expertise will be considered: funding/grant making knowledge, curatorship, languages, research, publications, project and financial management, project evaluation and assessment as well as general understanding of heritage broadly.
Closing date: 22 October 2018
Term of office
The Chairperson and each member of the Committee will serve a 3-year term, which will be effective from 2018.
Nominations must be submitted in writing and at least contain the following:
- detailed CV;
- certified copy of identity document of both the nominee and nominator;
- motivation for appointment written and signed by the nominator and nominee should include;
- an explanation of the suitability for appointment;
- the nominee’s agreement to the nomination and declaration of whether or not he/she is qualified in one of the expert areas;
- forms for qualifications and declaration of interest to be completed. Forms are obtainable by email from email@example.com or nhc.org.za
- Successful applicants will be contacted directly after the closing date. Should applicants not hear from the National Heritage Council three weeks after the closing date, they should consider their application as unsuccessful.
- Appointments are subject to the preferred candidates obtaining the necessary security clearance;
- Preference will be given to candidates whose appointment will enhance representivity;
- No facsimile applications will be accepted.
Applications can be submitted through:
Post: The National Heritage Council (Funding), P O Box 74097, Lynnwood Ridge, 0040
Hand delivery: Office no 016, Domus Building, No 57 Cnr Kasteel and Ingersol Roads, Lynnwood Glen, Pretoria.
Enquiries: 012 348 1663 (during office hours) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A nation proud of its African heritage
Documents to download: